A community of people who strive everyday to understand their place and role in todays' world; try desperately to come to grips with their short-comings; and evaluate and challenge what they believe and hold to be true.

Monday, October 17, 2005

Gospel

Gospel looks to be another good movie. The prodigal son story in 2005 hints at a little of what lies within each of us. I hope to catch it in the next couple of weeks. I'll provide a write up summary for review following what I hope will be an enjoyable night at the movies.
.
For those looking for what I think is the best musical rendition of the prodigal son story, I would highly suggest Keith Green's "Prodigal Son Suite." No one can play it and sing it like Keith could. Why? Because he was singling about himself. And to that, I can relate.
.
However, you may be interested in a version of "The Prodigal" produced by CRISPIN. Some of these guys performed and played with the group I used to years back, "Up With People." Enjoy the clip: [http://www.crispinmusic.org/audio/were_you_there_clip-08b.wax]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home